Table of Contents
Most hundreds in a single world cup, 5 hundreds, Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma is the first and only batsman in the world to score five hundreds in a single WorldCup. In 2019 world cup, Rohit scores were, 122, 57, 140, 1, 18, 102, 104, 103 and 1 in 9 innings. He holds the record of most hundreds in a single world cup.
Rohit along with Sachin holds the record of most centuries in World Cups with 6 hundreds each. Rohit took just 16 innings (total 977 runs) for his six centuries, spanning two World Cups (2015 & 2019).
Rohit Sharma centuries in World Cup 2019
|122*||144||13||2||84.72||not out||South Africa||Southampton||05-Jun-19|
Most Centuries in World Cups
In the history of the Cricket World Cup, several players have scored hundreds (a score of 100 or more runs in a single innings) during the tournament. However, the record for the most hundreds in a single World Cup is currently held by Rohit Sharma of India, who scored 5 centuries during the 2019 World Cup.
Rohit’s first century came in India’s opening match of the tournament against South Africa, where he scored 122* runs off 88 balls. He followed this up with 140 runs against Pakistan and then 3 centuries in 3 consecutive matches. 102 against England, 104 against Bangladesh and 103 against Sri Lanka.
Sharma’s five hundreds in the 2019 World Cup helped India reach the semi-final, where they were defeated by New Zealand. In addition to his 5 centuries, he also scored one half-century during the tournament, finishing with a total of 648 runs in 9 innings.
Sharma’s performance in the 2019 World Cup is considered one of the greatest individual performances in the history of the tournament. He is also the only player to score five hundreds in a single World Cup, and his five centuries also set a record for most in a single tournament.
In conclusion, Rohit Sharma of India holds the record for most hundreds in a single Cricket World Cup, with five centuries during the 2019 tournament.
Most hundreds in World Cups
|RG Sharma (IND)||2015-2019||17||17||2||978||140||65.2||1019||95.97||6||3|
|SR Tendulkar (IND)||1992-2011||45||44||4||2278||152||56.95||2560||88.98||6||15|
|KC Sangakkara (SL)||2003-2015||37||35||8||1532||124||56.74||1770||86.55||5||7|
|RT Ponting (AUS)||1996-2011||46||42||4||1743||140*||45.86||2180||79.95||5||6|
|DA Warner (AUS)||2015-2019||18||18||2||992||178||62||1011||98.12||4||3|
|SC Ganguly (IND)||1999-2007||21||21||3||1006||183||55.88||1298||77.5||4||3|
|AB de Villiers (SA)||2007-2015||23||22||3||1207||162*||63.52||1029||117.29||4||6|
|ME Waugh (AUS)||1992-1999||22||22||3||1004||130||52.84||1199||83.73||4||4|
|TM Dilshan (SL)||2007-2015||27||25||4||1112||161*||52.95||1196||92.97||4||4|
|DPMD Jayawardene (SL)||1999-2015||40||34||3||1100||115*||35.48||1280||85.93||4||5|
Highlights of Rohit Sharma’s World Cup records:
- Rohit has scored 6 centuries in the Cricket World Cup, the combined most by any batsman. Sachin Tendulkar also scored 6 centuries in World Cup matches.
- He scored 5 centuries in the 2019 Cricket World Cup, which is a record for a single World Cup edition.
- Rohit centuries came against South Africa, Pakistan, England, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- He scored 648 runs in the 2019 World Cup, which is the third-highest total by any batsman.
- Sharma was named the Player of the Tournament in the 2019 World Cup.
- He is the only batsman to have scored three double centuries in ODI cricket.
- He is the first batsman to have scored centuries in all three formats of international cricket.
- His century against South Africa came in a tricky chase, and he helped India win the match with an unbeaten 122 runs.
- His century against Pakistan came in a high-pressure match, and he scored 140 runs off 113 balls.
- His century against England came in a must-win match for India, and he scored 102 runs off 109 balls.
- His century against Bangladesh came in a comfortable win for India, and he scored 104 runs off 92 balls.
- His century against Sri Lanka came in a comfortable win for India. He scored 103 runs off 94 balls.
How many centuries did Rohit Sharma score in the 2019 Cricket World Cup?
Rohit Sharma scored five centuries in the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
What was Rohit Sharma’s highest score in the 2019 World Cup?
Rohit Sharma’s highest score in the 2019 World Cup was a knock of 140 runs against Pakistan.
Who are the teams against whom Rohit Sharma scored his centuries in the 2019 World Cup?
Rohit Sharma scored centuries against South Africa, Pakistan, England, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka in the 2019 World Cup.
Who holds the record of most centuries in ODIs world cups?
Rohit Sharma with Sachin Tendulkar jointly holds the record of most centuries in world cups. The both have scored 6 centuries in world cups.
Who scored the most centuries in a single Cricket World Cup?
Rohit Sharma holds the record for scoring the most centuries in a single Cricket World Cup, with 5 centuries in the 2019 tournament. He surpassed the previous record of 4 centuries, which was jointly held by Kumar Sangakkara, Mark Waugh, Sourav Ganguly, Matthew Hayden, and David Warner.
Who scored the most centuries in the Cricket World Cup overall?
Rohit Sharma and Sachin Tendulkar are tied for the most centuries in the Cricket World Cup overall, with 6 centuries each. Tendulkar scored his centuries in 6 World Cups, while Sharma scored his in 2 World Cups.
Who scored the most centuries in the 2019 Cricket World Cup?
Rohit Sharma scored the most centuries in the 2019 Cricket World Cup, with 5 centuries. He was followed by David Warner, who scored 4 centuries.
Who scored the most centuries in a single World Cup edition?
Rohit Sharma also holds the record for scoring the most centuries in a single World Cup edition, with 5 centuries in the 2019 tournament.
Back to Home
#Slogover #DidYouKnowCard #Cricket #CricketStories #CricketRecords #SlogoverRecords
Refer to Best Cricket Records Website ESPNCrickInfo for more such interesting information.