Table of Contents
264, highest Individual Score in ODI, Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma has made a different and special identity in the Indian Cricket by his superb and remarkable games. He holds the record of highest Individual Score in ODI History.
Rohit Sharma has scored not one, not two but three double tons in ODI history. Rohit’s second double ton against the Sri Lankan team, at the Eden garden, Kolkata in 2014 is the biggest individual score of IDIs cricket (264).
“The fact that I went on to bat 50 overs was absolutely pleasing,” says Rohit Sharma, the Man of the Match. “I have been working on it. To bat as long as possible. Finally I managed that. That run-out of Virat was my mistake. Things like that happened, but not hard feelings there. It was a crucial partnership we were building, and to lose him then was quite frustrating.
But I kept telling myself to keep on going. It’s going to be difficult to pick out one shot that stands out. I really cannot pick out one. I will try my best to get to 300, but as of now I will take 264. A lot of memories at Eden Gardens that will remain close to me. This one was really special” Rohit Sharma said after the match.
Highest individual scores in ODIs history
Rohit Sharma, The One Day Internationals Wonder
The highest score in One Day Internationals (ODIs) is held by Rohit Sharma of India. On November 13, 2014, Sharma scored 264 runs off 173 balls in a match against Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata, India. This score broke the previous record of 219 runs, which was scored by another Indian batsman Virendra Sehwag.
Sharma’s innings included 33 fours and 9 sixes, and he reached his double century in just 150 balls, the fastest ever in ODIs. He also became the first player to score two double centuries in ODIs.
The Indian team went on to win the match by 153 runs, and Sharma was named the Man of the Match for his historic innings. This score is also the highest individual score in a ODI innings as of 2021.
Rohit Sharma’s record-breaking innings is considered one of the greatest ODI performances of all time, and his score of 264 runs is a testament to his incredible talent and ability as a cricketer.
Here are some of the highlights of Rohit Sharma’s 264:
- Rohit Sharma’s 264 is the Highest Individual Score in ODI Cricket
- Rohit Sharma is one of the most destructive batsmen in the world, and he holds the record for the highest individual score in ODI cricket. On November 13, 2014, he scored 264 runs against Sri Lanka at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
- Sharma’s innings was a masterclass in batting. He started slowly, but he gradually built up his momentum and started to hit the ball with authority. He hit 33 fours and 9 sixes in his innings, and he took just 173 balls in his innings of 264.
- Sharma’s innings helped India to post a total of 404-5, which was too much for Sri Lanka to chase down. India won the match by 153 runs, and Sharma was named the Man of the Match.
- His innings is considered one of the greatest ODI innings of all time. It was a display of power, timing, and skill that few batsmen have ever been able to match.
- He hit 33 fours, which is the most fours hit in an ODI innings.
- He hit 9 sixes, which is the most sixes hit in an ODI innings by an Indian batsman.
- He scored 264 runs, which is the highest individual score in ODI cricket.
- Rohit Sharma’s 264 not out is a record that is unlikely to be broken anytime soon. It is a testament to his skill and ability as a batsman. He is one of the greatest ODI batsmen of all time, and his innings against Sri Lanka is one of the most memorable in the history of the game.
- Click here to check the full scorecard of the match.
Who holds the record for the highest individual score in ODIs?
Rohit Sharma of India holds the record for the highest individual score in ODIs, with 264 runs scored against Sri Lanka on November 13, 2014 at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata, India.
How many fours and sixes did Rohit Sharma hit in his record-breaking innings?
Rohit Sharma hit 33 fours and 9 sixes in his record-breaking innings of 264 runs.
What was the previous record for the highest individual score in ODIs?
The previous record for the highest individual score in ODIs was held by Virendra Sehwag, with 219 runs scored against West Indies in October 2011.
What is the second highest individual score in ODIs?
The second highest individual score in ODIs is held by Martin Guptill of New Zealand, with 237* runs scored against West Indies in March 2015 at Wellington.
What is the fastest double century in ODIs?
Ishan Kishan of India holds the record for the fastest double century in ODIs, reaching the milestone in just 126 balls during his record-breaking innings of 210 runs against Bangladesh in December 2022 at Chattogram.
When did Rohit Sharma score 264 runs in ODI cricket?
Rohit Sharma scored 264 runs in an ODI match against Sri Lanka on November 13, 2014, at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
How many fours and sixes did Rohit Sharma hit in his 264-run innings?
Rohit Sharma hit 33 fours and 9 sixes in his 264-run innings.
Is Rohit Sharma’s 264 the highest individual score in ODI cricket?
Yes, Rohit Sharma’s 264 is the highest individual score in ODI cricket. It broke the previous record of 219, set by Virender Sehwag in 2011.
Back to Home
#Slogover #DidYouKnowCard #Cricket #CricketStories #CricketRecords #SlogoverRecords
Refer to Best Cricket Records Website ESPNCrickInfo for more such interesting information.